Thursday, January 27, 2011

Meatloaf

I made this for dinner tonight and it was delicious. It made me think of when I was little and my mom would make this for dinner. Meatloaf is a great comfort food.  This recipe is a recipe my mom found a long time ago and kind of made it her own.


INGREDIENTS:

2 lbs. ground beef
3 Tblsp ketchup
1 egg
1/4 cup milk
1/4 cup onions chopped
1/4 cup green peppers chopped
2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
3/4 to 1 cup bread crumbs
1/2 tsp celery seed
3/4 tsp seasoning salt
1/4 tsp thyme
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp salt
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
2. Mix it all together, meat and wet ingredients first, then spices and breadcrumbs last.  
3. Bake at 350 for an hour or until done in middle.  If you have a meat thermometer then measure it to 160 deg in middle.
Slather it up with ketchup and enjoy.

Servings: 4-6

No comments:

Post a Comment