Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Chicken Enchilada Soup in a Crock Pot

I am a horrible blogger.. HORRIBLE. Mostly because I have this sudden inspiration to start a blog and I keep up with it pretty well for a month or so then it goes completely downhill and there are months and months between posts. As a child I could never keep up with a journal or diary, even if I really wanted to. That being said I will try to be better about blogging at least once a month but no promises. I did promise however to give my wonderful mother in law, Susan, this recipe but because it is pretty amazing and so easy I thought I would share it with everyone. I did not come up with recipe myself but I have added a few spices and such to the original recipe. The best part of the recipe is that you just dump everything into the crock pot and let it do the work.

INGREDIENTS:
1 15-ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 14.5-ounce can diced tomatoes )
1 15-ounce can corn, drained
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped yellow, green, or red bell pepper
1 10-ounce can enchilada sauce
1 10.75-ounce can condensed cream of chicken soup
1 1/2 cups milk
1 cup shredded Pepper jack cheese
 3 chicken breasts, frozen, thawed or pre-cooked..doesn't matter
1 tsp of chili powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp Cumin
1 tsp Mexican Oregano
Salt and Pepper to taste
Tortilla chips

What to do:

1. Put the first 5 ingredients in the crock pot and mix them up.
2. Place the Chicken on top of that
3. In a medium bowl whisk together the milk, soup, enchilada sauce, and spices
4. Pour it in the crock pot.
5. Cook on low for 5-7 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.
6. Before serving remove the chicken and shred it with two forks then put it back in the crock pot and mix it all together.
7.  Put in bowls, Sprinkle with cheese, and crumbled up tortilla chips. YUM!!

Original Recipe: http://realmomkitchen.com/463/chicken-enchilada-soup-and-my-top-10-soup-recipes/

4 comments:

  1. this sounds amazing and i LOVE chicken enchilda soup! too bad it will be tricky to find some of the ingredients in Australia- Ill search though!!! Black beans, enchilada sauce, can of rice, mexican oregano and pepper jack cheese-- Im on the lookout for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Carole for this recipe. It sounds delicious - I think I will do it this weekend!! I will let you know how I do :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S.. that last comment was from Susan!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Erin, the can of rice was a huge typo, its supposed to be a can of corn. Haha, my mind must have been on something else when I typed this.

    ReplyDelete